About the Grasshopper Trout Fly
The Grasshopper is best when fished near the margins that have overhanging shrubs or trailing long grass in the summer
Tier of this trout fly: Fulling Mill
Country of origin for this trout fly: UK
This trout fly is designed to be fished on Rivers & Streams, Still Water
- Hook : Scorpion Special Nymph.
- Thread : Yellow.
- Tail : Calf tail dyed red and yellow wool.
- Body : Yellow wool.
- Body hackle : Red/brown cock palmered and clipped short.
- Wing : Turkey quill, varnished.
- Legs : Cock pheasant centre tail, knotted.
- Head and hackle : Roe deer hair dyed yellow and clipped to shape.
Comments from other fly fishermen
Currently there are no comments about the Grasshopper fly pattern from other fly fishermen yet.
Sign-in to make a comment
To make a comment, please sign-in or register securely with us.